I hate to say it but it’s that time of year folks, Christmas is on the horizon! My kids are already telling me their marvellously long present lists while I secretly hope they’ll forget most of it. Christmas visit negotiations are in full swing, who is going where and at what time, it’s like a jolly festive puzzle where everyone feels it must be…. Perfect!
Present choices aside Christmas always causes major furniture reorganisation in our house, the chair in the corner has to go so the tree can stand there, then the table has to move for the chair etc etc. Plus I have a dog who possesses an uncanny knack of shedding fur all over the place just when visitors come to call! Obviously Christmas shouldn’t be this stressful, it should be a time of peace spent with your loved ones. But unless you’re some kind of zen master (if you are I salute you and can I have some tips?) then the festive season is going to cause a few emotional ripples. So this year I’ve decided to change the format, I’m going to write a Christmas Wish List, all those little pieces that might make my life a little simpler if I could but fit them in the loft.
Abi’s Christmas Wish List
- Some kind of house expansion tool so that I can expand all the rooms just a little to accommodate extra festive paraphernalia (this is a wish list after all!)
- A new sofa. Something comfortable, easy to clean and capable of seating several people at once. I’m a bit in love with these striped ones (Trafalgar) from Duresta.
- In fact I want that whole room complete with a self cleaning chandelier and robot hoover!
- A butler, he’d have to be called Jeeves and solve all my last minute emergencies like fictional butlers of the past always do.
- A chef to cook the meal while I eat gourmet chocolates and macaroons.
- Crackers that actually contain something worth having (I think this is almost as far fetched as the room expanding device!)
- Some kind of machine to gather up the wrapping paper and check that no one has put their brand new toy car under the pile.
- A temporary car park for guests.
- Taps containing mulled wine, eggnog and spiced berry punch.
Just these small and easily achievable details 😛 would make my Christmas perfect!
2 Comments (Leave a comment)