Actually I don’t, in fact I find it odd and slightly disconcerting the way it wobbles and shakes. But like most children mine don’t share my dislike. So we have recently came to a comfortable compromise. They can make and eat the Jelly if they make it using genuine old jelly moulds. For one thing they are infinitely more attractive sat on a dresser than their modern plastic or rubber cousins. For another they actually work! If you’ve ever tried and failed using a contemporary jelly mould then I strongly suggest you try your hand with one of these. You often see them in antique shops or on eBay.
Tip. If your jelly will not immediately quit the mould, fill a bowl with warm water and place the mould in for a few seconds.
I may not like the texture or taste, but even I have to admit that jellies made in these moulds do look wonderful and harbour a certain kind of charm. So at future parties the adults can admire the artistry while the children admire the taste, what more could you want 🙂
3 Comments (Leave a comment)